FSC® CoC Chain of Custody Certification
Chain of Custody Certification Services
FSC CoC certification is a system that allows the material, whether sourced directly from the forest or recycled, to be traced from the source to the end product, thus providing a guarantee that the product comes from a certified, footprint-managed forest or recycled material.
"FSC® CoC: a brand for products from certified forests"
In addition to wood, non-wood forest products can also be certified - such as wild berries, truffles and mushrooms - if they come from certified forests, while services such as those related to tourism and sport, fauna, air and water are not currently certified.
A producer who chooses to certify their FSC CoC products can count on:
- better access to markets due to the greater propensity of consumers, retailers and traders to sell and buy certified products
- the credible guarantee not to use illegally cut timber and paper
- the possibility of evaluating one's own Social Responsibility, improving one's image and the sector's image
- the communication of one's choice to work and / or market products from certified forests thanks to a logo applicable to the product and administrative material - such as invoices - and advertising
- greater opportunities to access public contracts, in whose specifications the use of wood from certified forests is increasingly included
- a marketing tool for acquiring new customers and retaining those already acquired
- a means of entering markets such as publishing, cosmetics and herbal medicine, where the demand for certified products increases daily.
CSI with the ICILA brand can also issue both FSC and PEFC certifications, giving companies a single point of contact and thus saving on certification costs.
FSC CoC Document Centre
FSC public certificate search